How To Order
- The wool is sheared from the Angora Goat and is known as mohair.
- The wool is carded and spun.
- The spun mohair is then washed.
- The mohair is dyed by hand over open fires according to the designer’s instructions
and specific requirements of the proposed tapestry.
- The designer at the gallery works with international clients to choose suitable images
and then prepare drawings for the weaver.
- The warp threads are set up on the loom in preparation for weaving.
- The design is woven by hand by highly skilled weavers.
- The weaving is finished off with hoops and fringes where appropriate.
- The finished weavings are displayed in the gallery, sent to the customer or distributed to
international outlets and buyers.
- The ladies of Setsoto Designs.